Sunday, October 14, 2012

I went Shopping!

I don't get to do that very often, seeing as I am far from being made of money. Anyway, yesterday my sister and I went to the mall, and it was tons of fun.
What I got:
     (At Ross)    A denim shirt
                         A purple button-up with pleather trim
                         A white and grey striped hi-lo skirt
     (At PacSun) Two pairs of earrings- one black stacked triangles, the other, gold arrowheads hanging from gold chains with red rocks. 

I love shopping. I can honestly say that it makes me feel really good, which I can see becoming a problem someday... Retail Therapy is real!

I also bought a bunch of music on iTunes today. I always buy my music, I don't steal it because that is wrong people! Anyway, let me get down from my soapbox and tell you what I got.
Surfer Rosa-Pixies
Jimmy Eat World-"
Vitalogy-Pearl Jam
Punk in Drublic-NOFX
and "Goodbye to You"by Michelle Branch. I also got P!nk's new album recently (I'm one of those nerds who pre-orders music sometimes) and let me tell you, it is awesome! It is however, very different from a lot of her older stuff. It's like...happy! I mean, she has all the usual sad ballads, and fuck you songs, but they don't really have the same genuinely pissed off and broken edge that albums like M!ssundaztood had. Don't get me wrong though, it is seriously good. But I mean, it's her first album after having a baby, so she has to be different, right? She's a mom, that changes the game, at least a little. One of my favorite tracks is Just Give Me a Reason, a duet with Nate Ruess, the lead singer of the band Fun. That's Fun. with a period, just so we're clear. Listen to it. And Try has an amazing music video (the song in awesome too).
I also recently bought some music by Wakey!Wakey! which is lead by this guy, Michael Grubbs, who sings and plays piano. But not in a lame, Sarah Bareilles ind of way- he's actually really talented (not that she isn't talented...) and the music is intense, even a Punk Junky like me loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment