Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So I guess I failed with the whole "Book of the Week" thing so why don't we go with a "Book of Every Now and Then" type thing? Sounds good to me!



I recently ordered both of these books--I have read both of them before, but I love to reread good books. These two books are great summer reads. These authors are a couple of the best authors of "Chick Lit" or young adult novels (usually for girls). I don't know which one I will read first but I know that I will read them as fast as I did the first time around. I ordered the books at Barnes and Noble online but I got them used for really great prices.

The first book, The Secret Life of Prince Charming, is about a girl who is raised by women who are kind of down on men. She finds out that her dad isn't as cool as she thought he was (big surprise, right?) and ends up going on a road trip with her sisters to make some of the things he done right.  Along the way she meets a boy of course and the girls all bond. My description might sound cheesy but that's mostly just because I'm trying not to give anything away. For more by Deb Caletti visit her website at debcaletti.com.

The Truth About Forever is about a girl who's dad dies. She has to learn how to actually be OK again, not just pretend for her mom. She ends up working for a catering business and meeting a guy and again, I don't want to give anything away, you'll just have to read it! To find more books by Sarah Dessen (they're all good, trust me) visit her website at sarahdessen.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment